Greetings from the team at Bristol International College!
We continue to update you on relevant issues from the world of international education and the latest update on the impact of COVID-19 on our provision of courses.
The UK graduate market in 2021 and beyond
A study of the latest graduate vacancies and starting salaries at the UK’s one hundred best-known and most successful employers, conducted by High Fliers Research, suggests that the prospects are good for new BIC IFP students who will progress to university in 2022 and graduate in a few years’ time. The study says:
- Graduate starting salaries at the UK’s leading graduate employers are expected to be at a median starting salary of £30,000.
- The most generous salaries in 2021 are those on offer from the investment banks (median of £50,000), law firms (median of £46,000), consulting firms (median of £45,000), and oil & energy companies (median of £40,000). BIC’s International Foundation Programme offers a range of courses that naturally progress to degrees relevant to careers in these areas.
- Half the UK’s leading employers are hoping to be able to deliver in-person vacation work placements and internships from this summer. This is good news for BIC’s internship programme too.
- The ten universities targeted by the largest number of top graduate employers in 2020-2021 are Birmingham, Manchester, University College London, Nottingham, Leeds, Warwick, Bristol, Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial College London. These include many popular destinations for BIC students.
New centres open for English Language Tests
Pearson has announced the opening of 17 new locations where people can take PTE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) purposes. They include Oslo, St Petersburg, Riga and Casablanca.
The tests will be delivered through the COVID-safe Pearson VUE test centre network where strict health and safety measures support the safety of both candidates and staff.
Getting to know Bristol: The Harbour Festival
Bristol Harbour Festival is Bristol’s biggest and most diverse showcase of culture, taking over the city’s urban and green spaces with live music, circus, spoken word, family activities and maritime activities. It takes place over two days each summer.
You can join the crowds at The Dockside Stage to enjoy some of the most exciting live performers in the city, visit Cathedral Walk to listen to poetry readings, or head to Queen Square to be astounded by Cirque Bijou, Bristol-based show makers who push the boundaries of contemporary circus, street theatre, creating an unforgettable experience.
About Bristol International College:
• BIC is a University of London Recognised Teaching Centre which currently runs an online version of UOL’s International Foundation Programme (IFP)
• IFP is an intensive 8-month programme for students aged 16-19 who wish to access leading universities in just one academic year
• IFP courses include: Mathematics & Statistics, Pure Mathematics, Business Management, Economics, Accounting & Finance, International Relations, Law
• 100% university progression for IFP graduates: 60% Russell Group; 30% University of London; 10% top international universities
I would be delighted to meet you, either in person or via the Internet, so that I can introduce you to the huge range of opportunities that Bristol International College can provide.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch,
CEO & Principal