Error: Contact form not found.
Greetings from the team at Bristol International College!
We continue to update you on relevant issues from the world of international education and the latest update on the impact of COVID-19 on our provision of courses.
A-level and GCSE results may be earlier in 2021
Exam results for A-levels and GCSEs in England could be published in early July this year, according to proposals for replacing cancelled exams. The Department for Education has confirmed that grades will be decided by teacher assessment, and has formally launched a consultation on a system for how results will be decided and published, after disruption from the pandemic forced the cancellation of exams for a second year. For A-levels and GCSEs this could see the scrapping of the traditional results days in August, with results published in early July, increasing the time for appeals and adding more time before the start of the university term.
Vaccination programme on target
Over 6 million people have already been vaccinated in the UK with a record-breaking 491,970 were vaccinated in a single day over the last weekend, suggesting the country is well on course to meet the government’s target of vaccinating 15 million of the most vulnerable citizens by mid-February.
With the first four priority groups now being vaccinated, attention is turning to which groups will be offered the vaccine next. There have been calls for teachers to be prioritised to encourage the earliest possible reopening of schools.
Discover Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
Bristol Museum & Art Gallery tells the story of our world in every display, from the beginning of time to the present day. The galleries reveal fascinating cultures, ancient civilisations, human invention and creativity, as well as showcasing our beautiful and fragile natural world. With thousands of amazing objects on display, one visit just isn’t enough!
World-class collections of art, archaeology, geology and natural history are displayed inside this beautiful Edwardian building in the heart of the university sector of the city. The Museum also has dynamic exhibitions and events programme throughout the year and a shop and cafe.
In line with government guidance, Bristol Museum & Art Gallery will be closed for the foreseeable future, but you can still enter the magnificent Bristol Museum building in their virtual online tour.
• BIC is a University of London Recognised Teaching Centre which runs an on-campus and online version of UOL’s International Foundation Programme (IFP)
• IFP is an intensive 8-month programme for students aged 16-17 who wish to access leading universities in just one academic year
• IFP courses include: Mathematics & Statistics, Pure Mathematics, Business Management, Economics, Accounting & Finance, International Relations, Law
• 100% university progression for IFP graduates: 60% Russell Group; 30% University of London; 10% top international universities
• The on-campus BIC IFP includes an exclusive full-time 8-week professional internship in a leading Bristol based company e.g. Rolls Royce, Airbus, KPMG, BBC Bristol, Banco Santander, etc.
I would be delighted to meet you, either in person or via the Internet, so that I can introduce you to the huge range of opportunities that Bristol International College can provide.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch,
CEO & Principal